Wish you a very Happy New Year 2010! - Thus Spake Tan!

Post Top Ad

Thanks for Reading. Please comment.

A Quote for life!


“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for Insects

Robert A Heinlein
(American science-fiction writer,1907-1988)

Happy New Year friends! Its time again to wish – its time again to leave things behind and move ahead in life – towards happiness, towards perfection and towards ‘Self Realization’! This morning brought a new day, a new month and a new year with it. 2010. TwentyTen has begun. Wish you all a very Happy New Year and a time filled with joy, happiness, love and prosperity for the next 365 days and all the days of your life that are to come. May God bless you with all the god things in life! Keep laughing and keep spreading love all around and within yourself. Be good, do good and where you cannot, pretend to be good – and you will find one day – All Izz Well!

Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Cut that crap! I wish you a year full of Sex, Alcohol and Heavenly Orgasms… and I wish you win that F***ing Lottery this year…

LOL! LMAO! Well, the above is a (modified) SMS I got amongst all the others. Everyone wished so much and so many good things that they forgot the basic needs of life. I liked and appreciated all the SMS or messages and emails I got and I thank you for those, but this one was special (with utmost respect to all others). Incidentally, this SMS was sent from a special friend – one, I cannot forget. I am sure he has not written it, because he would not have the time to invest on writing F***ing SMSs, but he is the one who sent it to me, which mattered.

We saw ‘3 Idiots’ today. In fact, we finished it a few minutes ago. They swapped the characters and modified the book, ‘Five Point Someone’ and what they created was no less than a great movie. Both (the book and the movie) are inspirational. We were three close(!!) friends in college too and I always related to the characters from the book closely. The ‘Ryan,’ ‘Rancho’ or Aamir’s character is something the reader would idolize. The characters are a bit different from each other, but they resemble one of the three in our group – my friend Rohan! I always thought he would have done justice if he were to be related to this bookish hero. I loved and followed him closely and he knows that. Sadly, we did not meet for a long time – almost five years!

You know the similarity between the above two paragraphs? Hehehe… yeah! Good guess. The SMS was sent by this fellow. I was watching the movie and was remembering him – his words and his works – more so, after getting the SMS last night. Nothing remarkable to remember about him – apart from his goal orientation, passion and unidirectional devotion to things that he took up!

He is in Bangalore now; after a long world tour and I wish to meet him sometime. Lets see if this new year can bring us together again! (I remember Somnath telling, “You are obsessed with him.” – LOL)

Hmm… as I said, lets see!

I started saying, this is the time of the year that we move on. There are a few reasons for me to move on too. Well, my wife stays with me for the rest of my life! I’m not talking about moving on in this relationship – hehe. It was made ages before we were born and hence, we will be together – forever and ever and one more day!

The first thing, that I will be leaving behind and move on is my job in HP. Well, I still have the job and I will be working in Hewlett Packard too, but the profile is going to change from now onwards. I have got into reporting and analytics and hence, I will no more be resolving customer’s issues as long as I am in this role. It was a hard earned movement and I am happy that I got through. Thanks for the wishes, I will talk about that later, may be.

The second thing I would leave and move on is Facebook. I was not in Facebook for long and I really enjoyed my days in FB. I transferred my wife’s account to my name to play games on FB and let me tell you, they have a great list of good games. I enjoyed playing FarmTown, FarmVille, Fish World, FishVille, Café World and Mafia Wars etc. These were the top games there and I liked the time I spent there. I will surely miss the gifts and calls for help in wars. Thinking of them, I smile now! I had made a lot of people to add me in their lists and as of now, my list shows 371 names in FB. I am happy that I did not get along with any of those that close that it would hurt me to leave FB, like it did when I left Orkut! Phew! …

Here are a few collages of my Games in FB, so that I can always remember the toil and time I spent on raising my fish tank, empire, my farm and my café:



Anyways, as DjN told the other day, ‘this is the year.’ Let this be the Year! Let this be THE YEAR! I have found a path now – a ray of light in the tunnel of my career. In the last three and half years of my work in HP I was heading nowhere; but after this movement into the A&R team, I see a definite career path. I want to put in my efforts towards walking on what I see. This is one of the reasons I am thinking of leaving everything else and concentrate on learning the tricks of the new trade I am in. As 3 idiots said, “Kabil bano, Kamiyaabi jhak marke tumhare peechhe ayegi. (Be capable; success will follow you)” Wish me luck and happiness.

Resolutions?

Well, I will do it next year! Hehe… jokes apart, I do not have anything in particular this year (I want to check back the last year’s post and see what I wrote last time and how much I fulfilled that), but I want to devote time on my career now – after school, after graduation and after post graduation and after four years of work experience, I am into something that I should be liking – I mean, this is something I could best relate to my aspirations in career. So, let me put my head in it and dig as much as I can. This is what I want to do this year.

Hmm, will talk to you about this in a year’s time then.

Okay! So, you have read this much? Great!! Never expected though :P What is it with your New year this time? Do let me know. Do share it here. Have fun and have a good year ahead – TwentyTen!

May you live as long as you do!

No comments:

Post Bottom Ad

Please share with friends and family