The Writer’s Lounge - Thus Spake Tan!

Post Top Ad

Thanks for Reading. Please comment.

A Quote for life!


“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for Insects

Robert A Heinlein
(American science-fiction writer,1907-1988)

Another new blog! This time, it was an accident that I got involved in it. I was browsing through different blogs, as usual. And while jumping from one blogger to another, I ended up in this one – The Writer’s Lounge. I was about to read a few posts when I saw the first post – a challenge to write a short story within 400 words on rain. They were running a contest and none posted in that so far. I was tired and feeling dizzy that time, but something just churned the thought in me – the thought of doing something new and get involved. I started writing and finished my piece in some 15 minutes. I was not a member then, so I could not post it there. I put the story as a comment and asked them if they would let me in. They were kind enough not only to praise my story but invite me to be a member in that blog. Wow! I joined and posted two short stories in two days in there. I was very happy to get the welcome there. The league is good and all of those are very talented writers. I feel happy to be with them. That community feeling is awesome. Please visit the blog and check out the literary geniuses working there – silently. Awesome!

Get all my posts in The Writers Lounge here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can realte to the feelings here .. i was invited by Stephan there about 10 days back and i already feel like home ther :) BTW, u write good :)

Tan said...

Hmm ... I have been here for 4 days ... and as you said ... Its a homely feeling all right ...

Thanks for reading me ... keep dropping by whenever you find time .. :)

Post Bottom Ad

Please share with friends and family