My Wish List! - Thus Spake Tan!

Post Top Ad

Thanks for Reading. Please comment.

A Quote for life!


“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for Insects

Robert A Heinlein
(American science-fiction writer,1907-1988)










===============================================================
Number 1:
I want to have a house of my own. One, which I can have my parents and my wife and my children in. I mean my family. I just want to have it named after my mother. I don’t know why. I just want her to see that I have made a house for her. She already has one in her name. I want one more – that can be my gift to her. You know, my mother’s Happy Birth date is August 15, 1947? Yes, she was born the very date India got independence. You know one more thing? She was married to my father, exactly after 33 years – on August 15, 1980! So, she has her birthday and anniversary in the same day. I would gift her, the house on that day itself. This is one of my wishes – probably, the foremost one.

Number 2:
I want to take my parents (or at least send them) to a world tour. It was my mother’s dream to go abroad – see the world. She’s too old now and sick and she’s disturbed and heartbroken – may be because of me. My father is also old and feeble. I am not sure I can send them for the tour but I wish I could – as soon as possible!

Number 3:
The world is getting dryer. There is no fuel, no water to drink, no tears to shred. I can clearly see the change that has occurred in last 25 winters, most of which I was fed by my father. I just do not want to save as much as I can for the coming winters. I just do not want to beg nor have my children beg for their pieces of bread – ever! I know, people are getting richer but the world is getting poorer every moment. Save is the word – earning is the same.

Number 4:
I am too small to think about the world. I can stop throwing the odd gum wrapper in the street or the empty Frooti box in public. May be a li’l further, I can stop using non eco-friendly materials – but that’s it. Can I do more? Well, if I can, it is almost unknown to me. As most of my friends know, I am a bit in the selfish side. So, let me wish something for me…

I want to play cricket. I have given whole of my childhood and part of my teens playing cricket. It gave me nothing but I have not left loving it. I have always wanted to be a cricketer – all my life, like millions of Indian children. And like every one of them, I could not become one. I do not blame anyone, as a blame game ends up in smoke. I just could not make it. However, I wish to play a match or an inning probably, and I want to open bating with Sachin Tendulkar (nay, Saurav Ganguly or Adam Gilchrist). I would like to hear Sachin calling for a single towards the fine leg, or may be a quick double to the square leg. I would not mind walking towards him and telling him to play in the front foot, as the spinner is skidding; he might watch out for an odd googly too. I would be most privileged if Sachin comes to me and punches my gloves after I hit the pacer straight between him and the umpire. Four!

You know what, I have opened innings with many people – some blasters and some defenders and have always enjoyed different styles. I have already mentioned that to Sunil Rathour, one of my mates in college – I would love to open with him someday. Well, we could not do it in 6 years of college life – how do I even think of doing so now? Well, this is a wish list and I am free to wish. Kya pata, I actually end up achieving that!

Number 5:
I want to see my wife laughing – satisfied – enjoying – free – happy – dancing! I want to fulfill all her wishes. You know something, I have been pretty much a loser till now. I feel it. Yes, I have achieved so many things – but I have failed to achieve so much else! I am not talking about being a Pilot or a Major or a Scientist. I am talking about normal things that came my way and I could not just grab ‘em. I could not make my parents proud or mere happy. I could not make my friends rely on me (not many). I do not know if I could keep my children satisfied and happy. Hence, I want to make my wife very happy. I just want to do whatever she wants me to do. God knows what is true; but I wish I can make and keep her happy always – till I breathe last.

Number 6:
I want to write. Write, create, compose, make, craft and distribute ‘em to the world. I just don’t want people to pay me in return – I just want them to read me – may be this is the only success of a writer – that he is being read. I want to be read. And hence, I want to write and keep on writing. It has being a long time that I wrote. Some of you mentioned it, some did not mind and some thanked God; but I felt it. I am still searching something, it seems – while my search should have been over by now. I want to write what I feel … and I want to let you know that I am writing.

Number 7:
I love you. I wish to continue to love people – as I have tried to do all my life. I am not able to do so now. I feel guilty. It was a time when I used to tell myself, my wife (would-be, then) and my friends that I feel that God has sent me down to love people and share and spread the love he has for us. I used to feel proud to be close to so many people. I used to love everyone I meet and there would be no partiality at all. You know what, people used to love me too. There are very few left, but people still love me. I am not able to return the same. I have hurt a lot o’em and a few are those, who once loved me. I feel guilty because I feel that this is not what I am supposed to do here. Every one of us has a specific reason to live a life as we do. My reason that I comprehended a few years back was to spread love – there is no particular time or age when you can or you are suppose to do so. It is an on going process – it has to be one – to affect humanity. Is there something I am doing wrong now? Is there something I am facing away from? I have a few queries now, and I would like to know them – before it is too late!

Number 8:
I want to live long. I want to live for those who want me by their side. Sadly, there are not many; but still, I want to see what happens next. I have some dreams – rather, I had them some time back. I would like to give a shot and try to dodge with every one. I want to do something – and stop wasting time. Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma Phaleshu Kadachana! I want to work. I have been lazy – I want to pull up my socks now. I have a lot to do. Miles to go, before I sleep!


The above is a wish list. This list is not exhaustive and is extendable as and when I wish more! Hehehe…

2 comments:

soma said...

hey,
its really great. i don have correct words to describe it, but really is. so i wont write many things bout it, just that its excellent.

Anonymous said...

may all your dreams come true, dilse

Post Bottom Ad

Please share with friends and family